Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It was only a matter of time

Chloe locked me out of the house today. We were outside playing ball when she went back in to get a toy. Apparently, she locked the door when trying to come back outside.

I have bloody knees from trying to climb through hedges so I could talk to her through the window. I desperately tried to explain how to unlock a deadbolt while screaming through glass, but it didn't do any good. She kept saying, "Mommy help me!" I finally convinced her to go find her bunny. Then she came back to the window and sucked her thumb until my father-in-law got arrived with a key.

Morals of the story:

• Don't ever underestimate the intelligence of a 2-yr old.
• Always leave a spare key outside.
• Leave your TV on at all times. That way, if this happens to you, your child can entertain himself until you figure out how to get back inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...some horrible parent memories. When Erika was about Chloe's age, I managed to lock her in my car, with the car running no less. I was just about hysterical until I got her pull up the old fashioned locking button. Free at last...

VSY said...

This is a funny story!