Sunday, August 3, 2008

Eda-mommy

Tonight Chloe referred to her edamame as 'eda-mommy," which gave me a good chuckle. She's also been saying some other funny stuff like "bless you" when I sneeze. And "Dora's so cute." One of my new favorites is, "Tucker called me Toey," referring to her friend's ever-so-cute mispronunciation of her name. Finally, something hilarious that she began saying is, "I said..." if you ignore her. For instance, we laugh out loud when she says, "Oh geez." But if you fail to laugh, she will say, "I SAID OH GEEZ."

We are anxiously awaiting Wednesday, the day she will (hopefully) have her cast removed. I can't wait to go the pool and store without someone staring and saying, "Awwww! What happened?," coupled with a crooked eyebrow. I want to yell back and declare my innocence, but I try to chalk it up to sympathy and sheer nosiness.

My sister-in-law and her kids were here visiting over the last two weeks. We had an awesome time with them – swimming, goofing around and over-eating. I've always wished we lived closer to them, but now I am really feeling it. This was the first time Chloe became really attached to someone who then disappeared from her world (tangibly). Of course, we will keep them in our daily conversation and look at their pictures...but it's not the same as if they lived nearby. I'm so glad we had some quality time with them, but it was definitely hard to say goodbye. Chloe has asked about them daily, which shows she loves them as much as we do. Hopefully we will be able to visit them soon.

Did I mention I bought Chloe a fish? She named him "Tiger." Not sure why since he's a deep shade of red and extremely low-key.

Here she is with her new BFF, her cousin Abby:

1 comment:

RevURU said...

Tiger has a few stripes in him. No?