Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cat Litter

Cat litter is one of the grossest substances on the planet. Okay, maybe not when it's fresh out of the bag. But when it's been soaked with pee and poop and tracked all around your house, it's truly gross. And no matter how OCD you are with a vacuum, you will find it everywhere. 

I find it in my shoes. I find under the sofa cushions. I find it on the coffee table. I find it in the bath tub.

Chloe, on the other hand, thinks cat litter is FASCINATING. She loves to pick at it on the carpet (especially the brightly-colored, mint green pieces.) She picks the specks up and hands them to me, one at a time, as if they were the most coveted dirt particles on Earth. When she finds a piece of litter in between her toes, she will pick it out and study it very carefully, then neatly place it back in between her toes. 

How long do cats live?


1 comment:

Lizzz said...

I keep telling you to turn Simon into an outdoor cat- believe me, he'll adjust. I always thought the cat hair all over my house was worse than litter. Oh yeah, and the poop that got stuck in the long hair on his back legs. eeeuwww!
My sister's cat lived 21 human years...